Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ralph Lauren, Southampton

Ok, so I think I have jet lag. It's 1am in the morning here. I have been awake since midnight and only went to bed at 9pm. That's jet lag isn't it? Why now? After managing to sleep a few hours each night since I have been here? Maybe I am coming off an adrenalin rush or maybe I am still full of it!

And I'm starving .... because back at home, it was just lunch? And I missed dinner here....hmmm. If I was in New York, I would head out into Times Square and get something to eat. It's 8 hours until breakfast here in my little Southampton B&B. My poor body doesn't know what's doing!

Ok, so I may as well do my Ralph Lauren post! What better time? I could also turn on the TV and see what American TV is like. The choices are endless. I couldn't think of a nicer place to be wide awake. This little B&B is just heaven, a travellers haven..with everything you could possibly need, except a three course meal at 1am! My body feels like a decent meal, like a roast dinner. Yeah! Who's gonna whip that up for me?

Ok, Southampton Ralph Lauren. Didnt even go inside and look at the clothes. You'll see why. The pictures speak for themselves. Enjoy!

 

I know, I know! Ridiculously gorgeous. I'll actually go inside today! I think the front shop is womens and the back is the men's. I just couldn't get over the garden. See why I am in tears all the time? Jet lag, that's what it is!

A-M xx

Ps still not tired. I think I might do a post on the houses here on Main St, where I am staying. Martha Stewart's old stylist lives across the road and the owner said she would love to meet me. Me! No wonder I can't sleep.

15 comments:

  1. Oh hooley dooley I just pressed publish on a comment for the previous post and he we are now at RL. I just want to cry. But in a good way!
    Yep that's jet lag. Stock up on snacks to keep in your luggage for the late night munchies.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love those hydrangeas.

    TDM xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and very southamptony. You sound do excited, no wonder you are awake, too many things to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that garden is beautiful, I wouldn't go inside if I were you unless you have an unlimited budget? Jet lag is shocking, but I wouldn't eat at 1am if I were you, I would try to go back to sleep to help you adjust to the time zone quickly. xToni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your having a wonderful time. I saw the Adirondack chairs in your post and it reminded me of mine (that are currently in storage.) I bought mine from Cotswold many years ago which have now faded into an aged, grey - I am now trying to decide whether to keep them as they are or paint them white like the ones at RL. Ahhh.... decisions, decision.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some chocolate in your bag could help!!!!
    The photos here and on instagram are making me envious for the first time in my life! I seriously need to visit the Hamptons!!!!!! Although I almost feel as though I am there with you so please keep it up....Silly statement of course you are going to keep it up!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could almost move in it's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Love everything about it....think I've just added another destination to my ever growing travel 'to do' list. The NYC Tourism board needs to start compensating all the fab aussie bloggers for their awesome pictures and posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the travels.... Completely understand your excitement and tears! Keep having fun and yes stock up on some snacks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I accidentally commented on the wrong post ... anyhoo ... that first house colour I'd call "Big Bird Yellow" ;-) Enjoy & keep taking those fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving these pictures. I can tell you are loving yourself sick! If I was there I'd whip you up a roast. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is brilliant. Amazing.
    I don't want your trip to end so i am sure you don't.
    Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sleep on the plane home! Maybe stash some food for a midnight snack to help you get back to sleep??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet baby jesus!!!!!!

    Hope you get to meet Martha Stewart's old stylist <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
  15. I"ve only just discovered you are doing posts, as I've been completely obsessed and depressed by your instagram pics. Now it's even worse! I almost don't want to look at these posts, the images are so beautiful and it takes me back to my trips there - have you been to Georgica Pond yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx