Sunday, September 9, 2012

My Week On Instagram


Sorry I haven't been around here much lately.

I have taken all the serious, professional, expert bloggers' advice, i.e., "don't just blog for the sake of it, blog only when you have something to say". I haven't had much to say over the past week so I have just been sharing the occasional photo over at my Instagram space at 'thehouseofam'. Such a happy, positive, pretty place over there. I seriously recommend it. Good for the soul.


I've actioned another serious 'declutter' in my home, inspired by by all my favourite minimalist blogs' Spring cleaning posts! I know, I will seriously own nothing soon, now that I have pared our lives down to nearly nothing! Moving house next year is going to be a breeze. We are looking for a little cottage to buy now, as we don't need much space! Liberating! After the Hamptons, it has to be a cottage. I have to live in a cottage. Before you know it I will be starting a blog on 'living a minimalist cottage life'. I digress. More on that later.


Seriously decluttering... I mean, look at my utensil drawer!...only what we use on a daily basis...
....other stuff, seriously pared down and out of sight. 
Ditched the knife block too....
.... remembered my microbiology prac of 1984 where we swabbed a knife block amongst other things....it's amazing what those things can culture.


The Spring weather this week has been rather glorious. 
I have been up early each morning, talking to the morning moon....


... before heading out to watch this....


... and do a bit of this!

This is supposed to be my first entry in the #exerciseshot tag thingy that Katrina is doing over on her bloggy HERE. I'm jumping off a post on our way to the bakery! I didn't realise she'd whack me up on her blog for all to see. I was actually wearing my PJ top as I couldn't be bothered with the whole kit up.... with it being Saturday and all. Saturday is always less serious exercise... hence the bakery! Head over to Katrina's blog to be inspired to get moving!


How good is Instagram! ....recording the important, calorific minutiae of your life...
(there was Haloumi at the bottom!)


... so you can relive delicious, moments over and over.... 
(all for the blogging cause, a blogger's lunch where it was required that you eat your body weight in dessert)


.... and remember special times that you take for yourself during your busy week....


.... when you're not here!...



... unpacking more of this sort of stuff....and chatting to fellow 'shed folk'....blissfully catching up on work in absolute peace and quiet....


... and sending out every last one of these....


... and these! 
My new absolute favourites.
All gone! More on the way!


That about sums up my week!

Happy Sunday! We're off to climb trees with our cousins!
Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! That food looks seriously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reference to my work week being fun reminds me of a wonderful post I read on an inspiring blog that reminded us of how little children see the wonder and fun in everything they do. They really live in the moment and I find myself reminding myself of that article when I tackle less than fun things in my daily work life. I am learning that if you can really be present in the moment and appreciate even the most mundane tasks as having a purpose, life is more fun and has more wonder. Xx

      Delete
  2. What are some of your favorite minimalist blogs A - M ? They certainly seem to have inspired you, I mean look at that utensil drawer, amazing. It is incredible how much STUFF we seem to gather in our life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to do a post on my favourites.....they are so inspirational in many ways.....simplifying your life, living in the moment, being grateful...and living with needing less and focussing on the most important things in life...which are not things! Xx

      Delete
  3. Good morning Sunshine, Glad to see a post from you this morning. I've been good and done one too. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday...oh and I am seriously jealous of your utensils drawer...another sign of getting older I guess...having utensil drawer envy ha I hope the big boy's interview went well yesterday too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All went well lovely. Fingers crossed. Will know by the end of term. Xx

      Delete
  4. Right I'm attacking our utensil drawer today, after I finish sorting out my shoes.
    Enjoy the day
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw your shoe challenge over on instagram! Hope you got through it with minimal stress!

      Delete
  5. Hey A-M :) Yes, IG is a serious addiction of mine too! You are right, it is a happy, positive space and a lot quicker than blogging. Good luck with your cottage hunt, I can't wait to see what you come up with :)
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A totally positive space. I love it! Yep, hope to find something for the start of the new school year! Xx

      Delete
  6. My goodness, I am seriously impressed with your utensil drawer. I have just done the fridge and given the sinks a bleach soak so they are gleaming. Too bad about the rest of the house. Thanks for the inspriation. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleached sinks are a good start!!! Xx

      Delete
  7. Ah !! Lovely ! See you on IG, sweetie <3


    xo
    ANETTE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Am loving your instagram feed Anette! So, so pretty! Xx

      Delete
  8. It sounds just about perfect A-M, in the best way, perfectly imperfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, pretty much so Trish! So happy for your top 100 placing! Voting like crazy! Xx

      Delete
  9. You know my views on decluttering- so good for the soul.

    Makes moving easier too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you constantly inspire me FF with your 'devil's work' mutterings! Xx

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous utensil drawer-I also have MASSIVE drawer envy. But where did the rest go? And what is the wooden whatsi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wooden whatsi is a knife sharpener. The rest have homes with their various machines...rice spatula with rice cooker. Salad tongs with set of salad bowls. Beaters with mixmaster. Rest tossed out!

      Delete
  11. Love following you on instagram for a pretty hit.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you now too Carolyn! Xx

      Delete
  12. After a fleeting visit to Sydney this weekend and realising actually how little I need to have a perfectly lovely time, I came home to the crushing weight of stuff. So much stuff. The twinadoes turned three yesterday and with that came more stuff. So manymore little bits and pieces that have nowhere to live in my lovely, but storage-challenged Queenslander. I need to declutter. I will be hanging out for your post on your favourite sites. I love seeing your IG life every day too x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, I climbed a few trees back in the day. Nice perspective. I always longed for a tree house. My cousin lives in a bi-level home on a heavily wooded lot and everyone loves her home and I think it's because it feels like you're in a tree house.

    By the way, I also think that very soon you may turn into haloumi. ;)

    P.S. That nook is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx