Via Pinterest that links back to a spam source, sorry, no orginal source.
I played hooky from my life yesterday. I have been so busy catching up on everything since I came back from overseas ..... and I had just read through Joshua Becker's "10 Simple Steps To Make The Most Of Every Day", on his wonderful blog, 'Becoming Minimalist'... so I decided that steps numbers 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 needed action immediately.
His steps for making the most of every day, extracted from his article, are:
1. Rise early. I find the early mornings are my most creative time.
2. Eat right. Nuff said.
3. Exercise. He states that recent studies show that people who regularly exercise report to be happier, calmer and better equipped to handle whatever the day decides to throw at them. I must say daily exercise has gotten me through some really tough times!
4. Accomplish one big task. Sometimes your 'to do' list is overwhelming. Just knock off the biggest task and you'll feel like you have made the most of the day.
5. Do one thing that you love. Do something that "breathes life into who you are."
6. Rest effectively... "and don't feel guilty about it when you do".
7. Be present with others. Put away distractions. Engage in conversation. Look people in the eye. Be interested in them.
8. Give to someone else. "Invest your life in someone else every day". Love that.
9. Nurture your soul. Feed your soul daily with gratitude, laughter, hope and faith.
10. Reset. "Tomorrow is another day with great potential and opportunities. Start it fresh. Clear your clutter and refresh your home for a brand new day". Doing heaps of that. Has anyone else got the spring cleaning/decluttering bug? I have it bad.
Original Source Unknown
So hubby and I downed work tools yesterday and headed off to see 'Hope Springs' with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones. We laughed, we bawled.... oh how we bawled... such a timely movie for us..... we lunched...we walked.... and generally played hooky from everything until school pick up!
It was such a perfect day. And we laughed that the guilt will fuel a work-filled weekend!
Do you ever just take off from your life?... down tools?.... feed your soul?...guilt free?
I am still mastering the 'guilt free' part... but I'm getting better at it!
You can read the full article, on '10 Simple Steps To Making The Most Of Every Day', by Joshua Becker, HERE.
Happy Saturday and Happy Spring! We have a soccer carnival all day, for our little one. Big one will sit there, half interested, and text girls all day..... how life is changing for us!