Monday, October 8, 2012

My Masters Outdoor Room Makeover


Righto, I've been living in this 'made-over' outdoor space of mine for a week or so now, thanks to Masters Home Improvement, so I think it's time for me to share with you my new favourite living space in my home!


Here's a rather woeful 'before shot', featuring 'woeful niece'.....


... and stinky soccer boots...


 Here's the after!



Oh how I stalked that Masters website, waiting for their 'new season' outdoor furniture stock to come in, hoping that the most coveted 'Romeo' outdoors chairs weren't the last on the delivery truck for the new season! 

Late last week they finally arrived and I pounced! I ordered them online immediately, so as not to miss out, just in case hundreds of people were stalking along with me, but I arranged to pick them up from the store to save on delivery costs. I wanted to spend every last cent of my Masters vouchers on pretties.


Behold their magnificence! (Ref: FF, 2010) 
They are wrought iron, solid as and, at $135 each, a fantastic quality buy.

In deciding what I would purchase for my outdoor room makeover, I kept in mind that it all needed to be portable as we move lots! My furniture choices also had to fit into any design aesthetic I may be embracing in future digs.... Hamptons, French Provincial. Once I spied the classic lines of the Romeo chairs and saw that the included cushions were piped!, I decided that a leafy French Provincial courtyard dining area was the go...... somewhere nice I could blog from in the mornings too!

I decided on a 4 seater table setting, mainly due to the small size of the area.... but also keeping in mind that anywhere I live in future I would always be able to use a classical 4 seater setting.... in another courtyard or down amongst the fairies in a pretty garden.


I went to town with the pots. 
I needed to draw the attention away from the underwhelming fence, not highlight it with anything.






I snapped up a few of these beauties, in which I potted the instant hedge plants and the lavender and herbs, all from Masters. They are fabulous pots in real life... textured and rustic.


.... and I couldn't resist these either!





I picked up the table for $69! I didn't put a cloth on it in the photos so you could see it's detail. I chose it for it's price and curves and the fact that it is simple in style and doesn't take any focus off the chairs. It's solid too!.... won't blow away in our summer storms!


See the white filigree, round, clay thingy? That's a solar powered table light. It has a solar panel on the top that you leave in the sun and as soon as the sun sets, it turns itself on! You can choose to set it to either white or rainbow colours. The rainbow colours are a hit with the offspring.

Solar Filigree Table Light


I found the elegant 'half mat', near the door, at Masters too.... $10! Perfect size for a little courtyard. It hasn't made it to the website yet. More and more products are being loaded up every day as they arrive in store. 


The patterned dinner plates were $3 each from 'Earthborn' (current sale stock) and the glass dessert bowls, dinner plates and place mats are my own. They were originally from Wheel and Barrow. The napkins are from 'Thea and Sami', Thea's Marine range, hand printed here in Brisbane. The navy floral cushions are from 'Fabric Traders', who also have an online store HERE. The beige linen and paisley cushions are from Cape Cod Designs (that would be me). So is the iron side table, hurricane lantern and the floor cushions (Cape Cod Designs, moi). Flowers were from 'Stem - Flowers and Beautiful Things' in Graceville.


So there you have it, my new 'Outdoor Room'. Thank you so much Masters for giving me the opportunity and the vouchers! to make over my dull courtyard. I have an inspiring place in which to blog and a cool spot for our summer dinners!

And in breaking news, the winner of the $500 Masters Gift Voucher was chosen by Masters, from my short list of three. It is Karyn, who wrote:




Karyn is going to use her Masters voucher to finish her powder room and outdoor patio area.


Karyn finally chose the Del Terra Steel Cushioned Dining Chair Set to finish off her outdoor area. 6 for $280! HERE.


And for her bathroom, she is going to wallpaper with Vintage Art Wallpaper.... $49.97/roll....


.... gorgeous!



.... hang this beautiful mirror.... $149, HERE....

... and finish with some stylish fixtures, HERE.


Hooray for Masters. I'm totally hooked. So many quality products. They have everything you need to improve your home. Here's their website if you need to start shopping now. It's such an site easy to use.


Herbs are happy in their new sunny spot.....


.... and so am I!
Cheers! 

Photobucket

55 comments:

  1. What a beautiful area! All looks beautiful and gorgeous. I am going to definitely get a couple of things from Masters after reading this! The Melbourne store is not too far to drive to so we might go visit it very shortly, might go tomorrow in fact! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh A-M!!!

    Magnificent!!! Just like everything you create <3

    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B. It is a little area but I am happy I have a nice spot to blog now. I miss my old river view! A-M xx

      Delete
  3. The courtyard makeover is beautiful. So stylish. Urny is still my favourite. Congratulations to Karyn - lovely choices.
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love urns. They have some nice ones at Masters. xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous A-M, love, love, love the chairs K (The Blog a House Built).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! I think I might have been the first person in Australia to own them! #websitestalker A-M xx

      Delete
  5. wow! cheers on your fabulous makeover, I'm off to their website!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh A-M it turned out so beautifully, and it was well worth the wait!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my gosh! Your new outdoor room is sensational! I love EVERYTHING!! So inspirational. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. You are so kind. xx

      Delete
  8. You have gussied this area up like NO ONE'S BUSINESS!!!!!

    Congrats to the winner. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi AM as I said on IG it looks gorgeous.

    I am off to look at Masters site now. I must be some kind of living with head in sand person. I thought Masters was basically Bunnings? Apparently not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaps more glamorous and you actually get served! Immediately! xx

      Delete
  10. Just had a look on their site and I am seriously impressed with their outdoor range! Have never been in a Masters store as it is still being built here in Toowoomba but I am definetly going in to get some furniture for my new outdoor area for the soon to be built house.
    btw..love your outdoor area, just like a magazine spread.
    Always reading along quietly too.
    Tash xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tash, Toowoomba is a happening place. I need to take a road trip up there sooner than later. xx

      Delete
  11. Very nice A-M. I have herb garden envy! I'm sick of the limp stuff they are trying to sell at the local - I can't wait to move into our house so I can grow my own. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All you need is a pot Caroline. I haven't been in a house for ages and I always have a pot of the basics on the go. Any sign of Bill? I still look for him weekly. Our paths have never crossed since :( xx

      Delete
  12. Wow that courtyard looks great. I am in love with that table and chairs. I haven't been to a Masters store or looked at the website but I sure will be now !
    Congratulations to Karyn also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheers indeed, it looks perfect! Enjoy it this summer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting so hot already. I'll be living out there! xx

      Delete
  14. Love all the greenery; it's the icing on the cake. I also like the wallpaper that Karyn has chosen. Never would have thought Masters stocked that. And thank you so much for choosing to use our Fish napkins too. Your styling is perfetto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and so are your prints Thea. xx

      Delete
  15. Ahh! Love at first sight. This is so gorgeous and very inspiring - we've just moved back into our bne apartment and have a very empty deck just asking to be given some love and attention.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, AM! What a gorgeous outdoor area with such a lovely feel to it. I could quite happily get stuck into some good wine and cheese in a setting like that!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, wine and cheese go down very well in our little courtyard now! Thanks Susan! xx

      Delete
  17. Absolutely stunning AM!! The plants finish it all off perfectly - any chance you could list the plant names? They look gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, the only one with the tag left on it is the Syzgium Big Red... the big hedging plants at the back. I'll research! xx

      Delete
  18. SOO love what you have done with this space A-M! You have such a fantastic eye for detail. Even your choice of plants for those gorgeous pots - just perfect. I'm off today to get one of those solar powered lights. Thanks for continuing to inspire! ;)Sharyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely, so good to hear from you. I think of you every time I sit down in front of your beautiful painting on my desk. xx

      Delete
  19. HI A-M Love the look.
    I spy the lovely mesh table. So nice, and good to hear that it's quite solid. I must go and look at those chairs again. I thought they were more exxy than that. :) An absolute bargain I must say. The chairs came in a flat pack too which is kind of essential for me as I'll have to fetch everything as they don't deliver here. I do like that little table light thing.

    Lovely makeover. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're easy to put together too! Thanks. xx

      Delete
  20. Fabulous make over.
    love what you've done in the space allowed.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charming love the lines and the pots really soften the edges. :( no Masters here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks Fabulous! I now want those chairs! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its beautiful. Congratulations! Giulia.x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely work A-M the courtyard looks so inviting. Even better news is Karyn winning. She deserve some happiness after all she has been through. Well done on both counts.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whoa! I think it looks fabulous. Love your healthy plants too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow !! That looks amazing A-M. I had seen those beautiful pots when i was in Masters last week . I can't wait now to finish my makeover rooms. Thankyou again for putting me on the short list for The Masters voucher. Defiantly put a big smile on my face to hear I had won. I'll keep you posted when Ive finished my projects !
    Karyn x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow it looks gorgeous:). I knew I liked Masters before this makeover - but this is inspirational enough to get me to drive miles to my nearest Masters store:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved this transformation. You really can do so much A-M...I wish I had your creative eye and imagination. Your space looks magical and tranquil, exactly what one needs. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your outdoor dining area looks fantastic...just in time for summer. Mine has a table, some plants and the odd scooter and piles of kids shoes for good measure. Try as I might to have it look grown up...the kids trash it again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx